"Like the study of science and art, accounts of historical events can be intrinsically fascinating. But they have a wider significance. I believe that people are better able to chart their life course and make life decisions when they know how others have dealt with pressures and dilemmas---historically, contemporaneously, and in works of art. And only equipped with such understanding can we participate knowledgeably in contemporary discussions (and decisions) about the culpability of various individuals and countries in the Second World War. Only with such understanding can we ponder the responsibilty of human beings everywhere to counter current efforts at genocide in Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia to bring the perpetrators to justice."
"...we humans are the kinds of animals who learn chiefly by observing others---what they value, what they spurn, how they conduct themselves from day to day, and especially, what they do when they believe that no one is looking."
----Howard Gardner, from The Disciplined Mind, published in 1999

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fibonacci MI-style; or, Late Night Web Surfing

http://pbskids.org/cgi-registry/shareables/retrieve.pl?94a4b04e8f6d7ad9

Please know in advance: if you play too, I would love to see it!
(I'm bookmarking this one. I see this one may come in handy when I am procrastinating--
um--in need of a creative boost!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pooh Bwaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa! Is scary.

neroli said...

Snowy says I've obviously found my niche working with kids!

Pelicano said...

I like Boohbah too- I actually have one of the DVDs- the one with squeaky socks- I don't know why, but one day I stumbled upon the show and found it so surreal- very like the kid's shows I used to watch when I was growing up- like the Sid and Marty Kroft stuff.

neroli said...

Pelicano, seriously, you have brightened my morning with your comment!
I loved all those crazy shows when I was coming up as well.
Did you ever watch "Lidsville?"
Oh my goodness, I never thought of the connection before, but there it is!
(Boobah is my best favorite from RagDoll---now I'm getting a better picture as to why)
Thanks!